Friday, February 18, 2011

School Daze ...

another in the 'Humour for Kids' series ...


What shall we do, oh! what shall we do!
Civics is so boring, and History too!
Dead kings and generals haunt us with their 'noble' deeds;
Ordinances and legislations sprout like so many weeds!

Grammar, with its rules and regulations so tough:
However much you cram, it's never enough!
Who cares if nouns are proper or improper?
Gerunds and infinitives make me come a cropper!

The Americas and Africa; Europe and Asia:
Bending over maps could cause osteomalacia!
The mountains and rivers seem to mock at me --
Yes, Geography is something from which I flee!

Physics experiments -- I can never get them right
While numericals are enough to make me take flight!
Chemicals are dangerous -- they should never be allowed,
Bio specimens in formalin leave me grossed out and cowed!

Sanskrit, with its distinctions between I and me
Is dead as a Dodo -- why not let it be?
While France, Germany, Mexico and Spain
Would be good to visit, the language is a pain!

Computers are the most wonderful means of recreation:
But flow-charts and processes only cause aggravation!
Phys-ed and Library are okay, I suppose;
But crafts and arts my unhandiness expose!

The biggest puzzle, however, is, in spite of these frights
School life manages to be full of delights!

No comments: